Planning a Visit
If you're planning a visit to the ARL DSRC, we would like to help make your visit go as smoothly as possible. Please review the following information before finalizing your travel plans.
- All security clearances should be submitted in advance of the visit to the ARL
U.S. Army Research Laboratory
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
JPAS SMO Code W26218
- All security clearances must be faxed to the U.S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL) Visitor's Desk at 410-278-6258.
- Non-U.S. citizens representing a foreign government, industry, or
academic institution must do the following:
- Submit a visit request to the Security Specialist at 301-394-4977, or fax at 301-394-4583
- Submit this request via the correct official diplomatic channels prior to the visit.
- U.S. Citizens representing industry or academic institution must contact their ARL point of contact at least 48 hours prior to arrival.
- Visitors WITH a Government ID (CAC or other Government ID) can enter APG using either the MD 22 Harford Gate OR the MD 715 Maryland Gate. Show the guard your ID as you enter.
- Visitors WITHOUT a Government ID MUST enter APG using the MD 715 Maryland Gate. These visitors will need to sign in each day at the VISITOR CENTER, located off of Maryland Blvd. They must then backtrack to Maryland Blvd. to continue towards the gate.
- Visitors WITHOUT a Government ID in the same vehicle as a visitor WITH a Government ID can enter at either gate.
- To obtain a vehicle security pass, provide driver's license, vehicle registration and proof of insurance.
- All visitors to the Army Research Laboratory DoD Supercomputing Resource Center are required to register at the main ARL visitor desk in Building 328. Those visitors not having a current security clearance on file at ARL will be escorted at all times.
The ARL DSRC is located on the Aberdeen Proving Ground. Visitors to the DSRC can download and print the Aberdeen Proving Ground Visitors Guide, which contains important contact information, security reminders, a list of local hotels, and a map of the base.
Security Contact Information
- Security Specialist - 301-394-4977 fax: 301 394 4583
- ARL Visitor's Desk - 410-278-6258