Table of Contents
1. What type of hardware and software is available at the ARL DSRC?
The ARL DSRC hosts a variety of HPC platforms and software. For up-to-date information, please visit:
2. What is an ORG ID, and how do I get one?
An ORG ID is the organization ID that will be assigned by your S/AAA. You will need this information at the time you complete your pIE application. Contact your S/AAA and request an ORG ID if one has not already been assigned.
3. How do I contact the ARL DSRC S/AAA?
Your S/AAA is your primary point of contact for accounts and allocations on resources provided by the HPCMP. You may contact the ARL DSRC S/AAA in any of the following ways:
Fax: (410) 278-7961
Tel: (410) 278-6819
4. What happens after I complete the pIE application form?
As you start the process of obtaining an account, you will receive a series of emails signifying what status your account is in:
- Submitted state: Once you complete the pIE application form your account is placed in a "submitted state".
- Approved state: Your pIE account will be "approved" once your S/AAA receives the required training certificates from you for DoD Information Assurance Awareness training, Phishing Awareness Training, and Portable Electronic Devices/Storage media.
- Inactive state: Your account will then be sent to the AFRL DSRC for processing of your Kerberos Principal and SecurID card. AFRL will mail you a SecurID card or hToken in an "inactive" state and wait for you to confirm receiving the items.
- Active state: Your AFRL account will be "activated" once AFRL receives a Visit Request from your security office and you send the Section III to AFRL. Your ARL DSRC account will be activated once your security office sends ARL security office a visit request.
Getting assigned to projects:
Once you are "active" in pIE, your PI can enter you into the projects and systems you requested. In pIE, your PI will assign you a project on specific HPC machines. You will not need to do anything here other than to ensure that the PI performs this assignment.